About the Gem Zone
Greetings In the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
The "Children and Youth Ministry" serve youth, between ages, 3 and 17 years old.
We provide children/youth church services each Sunday, except 3rd Sunday, and Wednesday Night Bible Study to all members and visitors. The Children and Youth Ministry create a partnership between parents and teachers, as we, the teachers, reinforce the biblical and spiritual implementation that is taking place in the home.
Our purpose is to build character, based on a strong biblical foundation and the principles of Jesus Christ, in the hearts and minds of all children and youth.
Our goal is to partner together with the parents of our community of faith, the local community, and our city to raise children who whole-heartedly serve Christ through obedience, worship, and a Godly character
Parents: The GEM Zone is so excited that you have allowed your child to be a part of this phenomenon ministry that is making life long impacts in the hearts and minds of all children in and outside the community of faith. Collectively as the teachers, help the parents and the parents help the teachers, we will raise God's children to impact the nation for Christ
Children and Youth Ministries throughout Canaan
- Sunday school: Come and hang out with us on Sunday morning for a great time of fellowship as we feast on the Word of God. Our teachers, absolutely, love Christ and love teaching those who desire to have a stronger relationship with Christ. After the lesson is complete, we indulge ourselves in a big morning breakfast.
- Choir Ministry: Our choir brings the congregation into the presents of God, through song. It enhances those in the congregation to become creative worshipers, who worship God in spirit and in truth. The Holy Spirit uses the choir to teach, inspire, and to convict. The deepest spiritual need of people can be reached through song.
- Hip Hop Dance Ministry: The Hip Hop Ministry, energetically, praises God through the power of dance. The Hip Hop ministry is made up of youth, ages 8 to 18 years old that are committed to using dance as a strategy for spiritual enlightenment, creative expressions, and self-empowerment. Through these classes, youth are able to experience a professional level of hip hop training in a Christian Atmosphere that can bring one closer to God and prepare one with the ability to share with others the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Usher Ministry: The Youth Ushers greet worshippers with a smile and make every attempt to help them feel welcomed. They escort members and visitors to their seats and ensure everyone is comfortable throughout the service.
- Praise Priests Ministry: Through memorization and dramatization, our priests, give life to the word and music of God. They help to set the tone each Sunday Morning for our worshipers to begin to get into the presents of Christ. This allows our praise priests to demonstrate their love for God by using their artistic craft.
- Scholarship: All graduating high school seniors, that are presuming college or vocational school, have the opportunity to receive a scholarship to assist in their first semester. The scholarship ministry, also, recognizes students that are getting promoted from elementary school to middle school, as well as, special achievements students have earned throughout the year. The scholarship ministry, also, acknowledges adults who have gone back to school, and have accomplished a certificate or degree.
- Students Ministries: The New Canaan Worship Center Student's Ministry is very active in ministering to the needs of our youth, ages 13 to 17 years old. Under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, this ministry works to equip and encourage young people to be leaders in their church, school, and community. Our students are highly motivated and love "hands on missions".
- Children and Youth Church: We love children and youth at New Canaan Worship Center. We believe church should be a fun and exciting place for youth to come and learn about God. We seek to train children on what it means to have a relationship with Jesus Christ and how to live for Him daily. We do this through a variety of ways such as: Recreational Activities, Sunday School, Discipleship Training, Mission Friends, Praise Priest Dancers, Vacation Bible School and Children's Choir.
- Wednesday Night Bible Study--It is a discipleship ministry that teaches youth about Jesus Christ and trains them to follow Him. "It is a place for youth to invite their friends to meet Jesus, to gather with other youth who love God and to discuss topics that are important to them.
- Outreach Ministry: Youth of the New Canaan Baptist Church is committed to participating in two outreach ministries opportunities per month.
- Partnership with Friends For the Homeless
- Rebuilding Together
- Giving Back to Community via assist the elders of faith Community
- Angels Food
Below are some changes that had been implemented:
Sign-in Procedure for Children's Church Sunday: Parents will sign-in their child in the narthex prior to morning service (11:00am), at which time the parents will be given a band along with their child, with matching numbers. Only those bands with matching numbers will be allowed to leave together.
Please remember that Children's Church starts 11:15 am every Sunday, except 3rd Sunday. On Third Sunday we will fellowship in the main sanctuary. Children must be signed in and out and picked up by an adult
Parent Volunteerism: All parents are expected to volunteer once every quarter. (4 times out of the year)
ASPECTS OF LESSON
a.) Corporate Worship -all the youth come together in the main sanctuary for praise and worship before class/chapel service starts
b.) Focus Word -introduction of lesson
c.) Instructional Time- objectives of lesson addressed by teachers; classroom work assignment
d.) Arts and Craft - Hands-on reinforcement
e.) Reinforcement - final teaching and tying of the lesson through game or activity; dismissal